Training a Future Work Force
Members of the Niagara Peninsula Electrical Contractors Association (NPECA) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 303 are committed to training the next generation of tradesmen/women. All apprentices within our system are monitored by the Local Joint Apprenticeship Council (LJAC) composed of volunteer contractors, IBEW members and a Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities representative.
The Local Joint Apprenticeship Council has developed an outstanding apprenticeship program that builds on the foundation of the provincial apprenticeship program and includes:
- Qualifications for intake of apprentice candidates
- An annual interview with each apprentice involving the review of (1) their Training Standards Manual, (2) on the job performance, (3) progress at trade school and (4) current safety training
- Tutoring services to ensure Trade School success
- Preparation and monitoring the apprentice to successfully complete the Certificate of Qualification
- Ensuring each apprentice maintains current membership in the Ontario College of Trades
Our apprentices have competed successfully in Provincial and National Skills competitions.